Victoria Point is that land enclosed by Gill Street to the west, Provincial Highway 12 to the north to the extreme east end of Collins Drive, and surrounded by Lake Simcoe on three sides, specifically Shannon Bay, Grape Island Channel and Smiths Bay.
- To provide a strong unified voice for the residents of the area on matters of interest.
- Promote and to protect the wildlife and sensitive eco-system which dominates our neighborhood.
- To be an active participant in community events, particularly as it relates to the history of the area and the family lifestyle of the residents.
- To educate the public on how to live at one with nature next to the lake or the sensitive wetlands.
An initial group of residents has been working on getting the Victoria Point Ratepayers Association ready for a general meeting, and doing preliminary work on the “Save Victoria Point” issue. Now there is a broader group of people with representation from Victoria Crescent, Grape Island, Collins Drive, Rodgers Road, Lankin Boulevard, and Heyden Avenue.
Just some of the names taking part in the recent preparation meetings: Bergman, Boys, Burns, Carney, Chapin, Dwinnell, Fecht, Hunter, MacDonald, Metzger, Mitchell, Rasmussen, Rasta, Sanderson, Sheldon, Smith, Thib, Thomas, Wink.
- Fund Raising
- “Save Victoria Point” Issue
- Community Events
- City Hall Coordination
- Stakeholder Coordination
Community and City – Gerry Metzger
Finance – Ray Hayhurst
Secretary – Lesley Monette
Website/Communications – Don Sanderson
Environment/Save Victoria Point – Ross Fidler